** THIS PAGE IS HERE ONLY FOR HISTORIC PURPOSES, since we are now using github releases page. **
4.1.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/4.1.0 - 02-Apr-2014 - diff¶
- New filter: Extract Focal Points
- Infrastructure for filters on different phases during the image processing lifecycle. Right now PHASE_POST_TRANSFORM and PHASE_PRE_LOAD are supported. All existing filters default to PHASE_POST_TRANSFORM
4.0.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/4.0.4 - 28-Mar-2014 - diff¶
- Fixed issue with blur filter when used with more than 150 of radius (by @heynemann);
- Fixed issue with format filter when used in conjunction with auto_webp (by @cezarsa).
4.0.3 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/4.0.3 - 28-Mar-2014 - diff¶
- Fix in all engines to return both image data and image mode together,
instead of one or the other. If you implement your own engine, you
need to create a new method called
image_data_as_rgbthat returns the image mode and the image bytes;
- Thumbor Application class now has a
get_handlersmethod that can be overwritten to specify new handlers.
4.0.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/4.0.2 - 18-Mar-2014 - diff¶
4.0.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/4.0.1 - 18-Mar-2014 - diff¶
- Fixed issue #289 - Now URLs with ‘~’ should work properly.
4.0.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/4.0.0 - 12-Mar-2014 - diff¶
This version contains breaking changes. Both GraphicsMagick and OpenCV engines were removed from the built-in imaging engines and can be found in the thumbor organization now. For more information on using each of them check the respective project documentation.
- Partitioning the FileStorage Result Storage into more folders by Martin Sarsale;
- Json File Error Handler by Damien Hardy;
- Support binding socket to file descriptor instead of port by John MacKenzie;
- HEAD queries to thumbor’s healthcheck returning 200 status code by Damien Hardy;
- Fixed bug when parsing urls with filters of an original with filters by Cezar Sá;
- Support different default quality for WebP images by Bernardo Heynemann;
- Keep transparency when saving transparent gif by Igor Sobreira;
- Don’t save PNG files as CMYK by Igor Sobreira;
- Upstart now uses ip var defined on ubuntu default file by Paulo Sousa;
- Fixed images cropped with width 1px and height 0px by Bernardo Heynemann;
- Fixed #236 - IndexError: list index out of range by Bernardo Heynemann;
- Fixed #235 - ValueError: Not a valid numbers of quantization tables. Should be between 2 and 4 by Bernardo Heynemann;
- Fixed #228 - Confusing error when using OpenCV by Bernardo Heynemann;
- New options to the fill filter by prolificphotis;
- Added FILL_MERGES Configuration to specify whether the fill filter should merge the background by prolificphotis;
- Resolved quality config None in graphicsmagick engine by Marcio Toshio Ide;
- Preserving EXIF info when storing original images by Cezar Sá;
- Resetting EXIF orientation after reorienting image by Cezar Sá;
- Compatibility work for the fill filter across engines by Cezar Sá;
- Pillow test_requirement match setup.py by Rob Olson;
- Fixed issues with graphicsmagick and gif images by Bernardo Heynemann;
- Convert to grayscale working in OpenCV Engine by Pablo Aguiar.
3.14.7 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.14.7 - 30-Oct-2013 - diff¶
- Bumping tornado version to allow last update.
3.14.6 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.14.6 - 07-Oct-2013 - diff¶
- Result storage disallows requesting files outside the root path.
3.14.5 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.14.5 - 25-Sep-2013 - diff¶
- Not doing vary header or converting to WebP when image is an animated gif or already a WebP.
3.14.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.14.4 - 24-Sep-2013 - diff¶
- Thumbor now includes a “Vary”: “Accept” header to help cache servers to better understand that the image URL can vary by accept header.
3.14.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.14.1 - 02-Sep-2013 - diff¶
- A new filter has been introduced: max_bytes. This filter allows users to specify the maximum number of bytes for the image. Thumbor will vary the quality of the image for JPEG and WebP images (png and gif images do not get affected by this filter).
3.13.3 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.13.3 - 31-Aug-2013 - diff¶
- Fixed #193. File storage now uses atomic storage of files, thus avoiding corruption of stored images.
3.13.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.13.2 - 31-Aug-2013 - diff¶
- Merged #202. Proxy support added to default HTTP Loader.
3.13.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.13.1 - 31-Aug-2013 - diff¶
- Merged #197. Healthcheck now replied to HEAD requests.
3.13.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.13.0 - 28-Aug-2013 - diff¶
- Fixes #204. Thumbor now allows users to specify that WebP should be automatically used whenever the request has the proper Accept header (image/webp).
3.12.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.12.2 - 12-Aug-2013 - diff¶
- Added some extra logging to the finish request stage of the image handling.
3.12.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.12.1 - 18-Jul-2013 - diff¶
- Fixed leak of Redis connections when using queued detectors.
3.12.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.12.0 - 05-Jul-2013 - diff¶
- Fixed an issue with animated gifs (sigh);
- Add detection support for WEBP format. Merge pull request #194 from dhardy92:feature_Add_WEBP_Detection;
- Support for the new release of Pillow (2.1.0) and works with Pillow master branch for now.
3.11.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.11.1 - 05-Jul-2013 - diff¶
- Finished webp support;
- Fixed a bug with webp support that would pass ‘None’ as format if no format specified;
- Added a configuration
PRESERVE_EXIF_INFOthat when set to True will keep the exif metadata in images intact (including webp resulting images).
3.11.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.11.0 - 02-Jul-2013 - diff¶
- Added ‘format’ filter. Now users can specify the output format using filters:format(webp) or filters:format(jpeg) and as follows. More information in the Filters page.
- Partial webp support. Now webp images can be read as the source image and be used as the output image. Partial here means that the version we are using of pillow does not yet support ICC Profiles in WebP images. Only Chrome Canary does support ICC profiles right now, so this is not a real issue.
- Improved openCV engine image resampling.
- Proper integration with Pillow version 2.0.0.
- Fixed HMAC signing if the key has unicode characters.
3.10.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.10.0 - 14-May-2013 - diff¶
- Fixes #184. Thumbor now reports expected errors as warning, instead of errors. This should allow users to use a logger level of ERROR to reduce the amount of I/O thumbor does for logging.
- Fixes #183.
- Fixes #182.
There’s two new configuration keys:
HTTP_LOADER_FORWARD_USER_AGENT. These are meant to allow scenarios where the remote image server won’t allow thumbor’s user agent.
- Fixes #180. Thumbor now features a grayscale filter. More information can be found in the Filters page.
- Code reformatting to conform to PEP-8.
3.9.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.9.4 - 17-Apr-2013 - diff¶
- Upgraded Pillow dependency to 2.0.0;
- Normalized the Max Age header for images with smart detection errors
around all detectors. Also included the
IGNORE_SMART_ERRORSsetting that enables users to keep responding the image without smart cropping when smart detection throws exceptions. This setting is
Falseby default and needs to be enabled explicitly (reverse compatibility);
- Fixed an issue with sentry error handler;
- POSSIBLE BREAKING CHANGE: We changed the way the http handler
requests images. It now passes safer connection timeout, request
timeout and follow redirects values to
libcurl. You can change those values in your configuration file using the
HTTP_LOADER_MAX_REDIRECTSsettings (more on those in the Configuration page). This change might break you if you have connect times greater than 5 seconds. This setting was previously configured to 20 seconds.
3.9.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.9.2 - 09-Apr-2013 - diff¶
- Logging format can now be configured using
THUMBOR_LOG_DATE_FORMATconfiguration variables. These are just passed through to python’s
datefmtarguments of the
3.9.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.9.1 - 09-Apr-2013 - diff¶
- Makes error handling a little safer.
3.9.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.9.0 - 28-Mar-2013 - diff¶
- Fixes #165.
Falsewill remove the experimental support for animated gifs.
3.8.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.8.1 - 27-Mar-2013 - diff¶
3.7.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.7.1 - 06-Feb-2013 - diff¶
- Fix bug with quoting valid characters in URL (by cdemonchy);
- Fix in debian packaging for Debian Squeeze (by dhardy92);
- Fix in the mongo storage (by phpconnect);
- Auto option for the fill filter (by fabiomcosta).
3.7.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.7.0 - 24-Jan-2013 - diff¶
- Multi-Instance deb support. Merge pull request #146 from nhuray/master.
3.6.11 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.11 - 23-Jan-2013 - diff¶
3.6.10 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.10 - 14-Dec-2012 - diff¶
- Fixes #138. Filters are not required for using thumbor.
3.6.9 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.9 - 12-Dec-2012 - diff¶
- Improved error handling on http loader.
3.6.8 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.8 - 12-Dec-2012 - diff¶
- Fixes #139. Libmagic is not required anymore.
- Improved image type detection.
3.6.7 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.7 - 24-Oct-2012 - diff¶
3.6.6 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.6 - 24-Oct-2012 - diff¶
- Fixed some issues with thumbor-url.
3.6.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.4 - 24-Oct-2012 - diff¶
3.6.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.1 - 19-Sep-2012 - diff¶
- Fixes #125 properly. Both libthumbor and ruby-thumbor verified now (Big Kudos to @robolson).
3.6.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.6.0 - 18-Sep-2012 - diff¶
3.5.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.5.2 - 14-Aug-2012 - diff¶
- Fixed support to custom apps;
- Fixed issue with graphicsmagick manual crop method;
- Added a custom-header to thumbor that specifies its name and version;
- Changed filestorage to store uploaded files using a MD5 based hash algorithm similar to what git does.
3.5.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.5.1 - 03-Aug-2012 - diff¶
- Added a new exception in the upload handler called
BadRequestErroras a way for storages to report to thumbor that some information that they required in the request was not provided. This way thumbor can return a
400 BAD REQUESTresponse to the upload request.
3.5.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.5.0 - 03-Aug-2012 - diff¶
- Fixes #113 and #114, that were related.
- Allow storage classes to retrieve request information in the
WARNING - This release introduces a BREAKING CHANGE if you have your
own storage implemented. The method
has a new signature. It used to be
resolve_original_photo_path(filename) and now is
3.4.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.4.0 - 01-Aug-2012 - diff¶
- Fixes #107. 9-Patch filter to support android 9-patch format-like images.
- Fixes #103. Fixes handling special characters in the URLs.
- A couple configuration keys renamed. For some time the old names will be kept compatible.
- Introduction of https://github.com/globocom/derpconf, an abstraction for configuration files.
3.3.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.3.0 - 18-Jul-2012¶
3.2.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.2.0 - 18-Jul-2012¶
- Fixes #103. Tornado unquotes URL’s passed to thumbor and that screws up some URLs.
3.1.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.1.1 - 17-Jul-2012¶
- Fixes #102. There was an additional issue with images with alpha channels (LA).
3.1.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.1.0 - 17-Jul-2012¶
- Fixed issue with gifsicle when optimizing GIF images.
- Fixes #102. This was an issue with OpenCV and palette images.
- Fixes with URL regexes.
3.0.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.0.2 - 9-Jul-2012¶
- Fixing size and manual crop for animated gifs.
3.0.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.0.1 - 2-Jul-2012¶
Some fixes: * Fixed issue with filters in old style URLs. * Supporting meta in the thumbor-url console. * Using storage crypto keys for hmac.
3.0.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/3.0.0 - 2-Jul-2012¶
This release features a major change in the way URLs are handled. It’s still backwards compatible, but the old style URLs are deprecated and will go away in the next major. For more information read the 3.0.0 release changes.
- Fixes #98.
2.8.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.8.2 - 9-Jul-2012¶
- Fixing size and manual crop for animated gifs. (Backport from 3.0.2)
2.8.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.8.1 - 29-Jun-2012¶
2.7.8 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.7.8 - 21-Jun-2012¶
- Fixes to the fill and watermark filters.
2.7.7 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.7.7 - 01-Jun-2012¶
- New filter to strip ICC heders
- Issue with ORIG size and Max Height.
- Encoding issues for Unicode named images.
2.7.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.7.4 - 30-Mar-2012¶
- Support to “orig” style widths and heights.
2.7.3 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.7.3 - 23-Mar-2012¶
- Issue #90|https://github.com/thumbor/thumbor/issues/90 fixed. thumbor-url command now works properly.
- Key file and adaptive cropping support in thumbor-url.
2.7.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.7.0 - 14-Mar-2012¶
- Improvements in the upload feature.
- Improvements in the C-Based filters.
2.6.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.6.4 - 23-Feb-2012¶
- Minor fixes in the red eye and equalize filters.
2.6.3 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.6.3 - 21-Feb-2012¶
- Minor fixes in the image uploading area.
2.6.2 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.6.2 - 20-Feb-2012¶
2.5.1 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.5.1 - 02-Feb-2012¶
- Better handling errors in queued detectors;
- Fallback to jpeg when we don’t know the image type;
- Increased test coverage.
2.5.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.5.0 - 30-Jan-2012¶
- Refactored base detector not to depend on opencv anymore.
2.4.9 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.4.9 - 30-Jan-2012¶
- Atomic file move for ResultStorage.
2.4.7 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.4.7 - 27-Jan-2012¶
- Bug fixes.
- Password support for redis storage.
2.4.6 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.4.6 - 24-Jan-2012¶
- Bug fixes in Mongo and Redis Storages.
2.4.4 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.4.4 - 18-Jan-2012¶
- Minor fixes in file descriptor management.
2.4.3 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.4.3 - 18-Jan-2012¶
- New setting that allows users to specify if unsafe images should be in result storage.
2.4.0 - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/thumbor/2.4.0 - 17-Jan-2012¶
- Major refactoring of thumbor internals. Should not affect thumbor usage.
- Features a RemoteCompleteDetector to perform both detections in one round-trip to remotecv.
- Improved PIL graphics engine to support different ICC profiles. It now keeps the existing ICC profile if there is one. This improves drastically the image quality. Very recommended update.
- Debug mode.
- Filter Support.
- Brightness, Contrast, Noise, Quality, RGB, Round Corner and Watermark filters.
- ImageMagick engine removed.
- JSONP callback can now be passed as an argument.
- Minor fixes.
- Fixed bug with smart cropping manual cropped images.
- Crypto Handler refactored. Improved decrypting performance.
- Serious BUG Fix. OpenCV Detector data was being returned incorrectly.
- Some refactoring and added App and Handler inheritance support.
- Switched encryption from Triple-Des to AES due to standardization between programming languages.
- Fixed a bug with encrypting relative dimension images.